This a great recipe that eliminates using different pots and pans to get a good hot dog. I like grilled onions and jalapenos on my hot dog, so i chopped some up, tossed with oil and seasoning and threw them on top of the hot dogs for the last 8 minutes. When there was 3 minutes left, I put the hot dog in the bun, threw the onions and jalapenos on, topped with cheese and baked it all together and was it delicious! I will never cook hot dogs any other way, its just simple and gives great results.
Hot dogs in buns are topped with HORMEL® Chili with Beans and shredded Cheddar cheese then baked until piping hot.
quick and easy, I did use leftover homemade chili, and added chopped onions, and a little mustard. great idea putting them in the oven. thank you for the idea
- 1 can (14 to 15 oz) chili, heated
- 1 can Pillsbury™ refrigerated classic pizza crust
- 4 Cheddar cheese sticks
- 4 all-beef hot dogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch square or 11×7-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour hot chili into dish; spread evenly.
- Unroll dough; cut into 4 strips. Cut 1 cheese stick in half lengthwise; place 1 half on each side of 1 hot dog. Wrap pizza dough strip around cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in center. Repeat with remaining dough strips, cheese sticks, and hot dogs. Place wrapped hot dogs on top of hot chili. (Chili must be hot.)
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until dough is light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwavable cup, microwave butter on High until melted. Stir in garlic powder and parsley.
- Remove baking dish from the oven. Brush on top of each cheese dog with butter mixture. Serve immediately.