An easy poke cake recipe made with raspberry jello and coconut that tastes just like the Hostess Raspberry Zinger snack cakes.
Yeah, OK, I know I promised to lay off of the coconut recipes because you coconut haters are over it but I just couldn’t resist this one! There are several versions of this floating around and every time I see one I have the same reaction: salivating, lip smacking and head nodding while thinking something along the lines of.. gurl, I got to get me some of that… umm-mmmm… yes. I. do.
If you have no idea what a Raspberry Zinger is, it’s a snack cake made by Hostess. It’s a little baby cream-filled white cake coated with raspberry goodness rolled in coconut. And this cake is like its granddaddy.
An easy Raspberry Zinger Poke Cake made with raspberry jello and coconut that tastes just like the Hostess Raspberry Zinger snack cakes.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 10 ounces diet Sprite
- 2 egg whites
- 1 (3 ounce) box raspberry Jell-O gelatin sugar free
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
1. Take dry cake mix and add the 2 egg whites and soda. Mix well with electric mixer. Pour into ungreased 9×13 dish and bake as directed on the box. Let cool for 15 minutes
2. Then take the boiling water and add the jello. Stir till jello is disolved.
3. Poke holes into your cake with end of wooden spoon. Then pour jello mixture over the cake. Cover and referigerate 2 hrs or overnight. Then spread on the cool whip and top with coconut.
Nutritional Info :
Per Serving: 210 calories; 7 g fat; 0.0 mg cholesterol; 34 g carbs;
2.5 g protein; 0.3 g fiber; 253 mg sodium