There’s nothing better than a warm, gooey cinnamon roll covered in a sweet layer of vanilla icing… especially when they require only 60 minutes to make! These 1 hour cinnamon rolls are not only quick and easy, but they taste just as amazing, if not better, than any other cinnamon roll!
About a month or two ago when I made these lemon poppy seed sweet rolls, I learned a quick-rise technique for sweet rolls. It’s one I’ve used before with dinner rolls, but never considered it for cinnamon rolls. Genius, I thought! So I played around with the recipe (since they turned out so well) and came up with these 1 hour cinnamon rolls. If you’re anything like me and LOVE cinnamon rolls but HATE waiting around for them, this recipe is for you! Fluffy, sweet swirls of goodness will be in your mouth in no time…
Ingredients and Directions
1. Mix and let sit for 15 minutes:
- 3 1/2 c. warm water
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. oil
- 6 T. yeast (4 1/2 Saf-Instant)
2. Then add:
- 1 T. salt
- 3 eggs
- 10 1/2 c. flour
3. Mix together for 10 minutes, then sit for 10 minutes.
4. Oil cupboard (don’t use flour), dump out dough. Divide in half.
5. Press one half out into rectangle. Spread with ¼ c. melted butter and then with cinnamon-sugar mixture. 6. Roll up tight, but not too tight.
7. Divide into 12 rolls and place on greased cookie sheet.
8. Repeat with other half of dough. Let rise.
9. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 400.
- 1 c. sugar
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1 cube butter
- 2 dashes salt
- 2 t. vanilla
- c. powdered sugar